MEET THE LADIES GUILD
For 40 years, the Ladies Guild has dedicated their time to performing works of charity for our neighbors in need.
About the Ladies Guild
The Ladies Guild is a non-denominational service organization whose mission is to assist in the work of Father Joe’s Villages. It is an all-volunteer group of over 200 women who raise funds dedicated solely to benefit the children at Father Joe’s Villages.
Serve meals. Donate your skills. Help at events. Train others to succeed.
Annually, Ladies Guild members volunteer over 12,000 hours of their time to help those struggling with homelessness.
When action meets compassion, lives change.
There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.
Father Joe’s Villages’ Ladies Guild has a wide range of volunteer opportunities for those who would like to help.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Serving as Village docent
- Plan, sponsor and participate in a major fundraiser
- Providing clerical support
- Hosting monthly birthday parties for Father Joe’s Villages preschoolers
- Serving holiday meals
- Helping at annual Father Joe’s Villages events such as Thanksgiving Day 5K
- Participating in Father Joe’s Villages holiday shopping and wrapping event
Father Joe’s Villages’ Ladies Guild is always accepting enthusiastic new members!
Membership is non-denominational and open to all.
- Active: $30 and 50 hours of service at any Guild or Father Joe’s Villages’ event or project
- Associate: $50 with no minimum service hours
Funds raised by our fundraising efforts benefit the children at Father Joe’s Villages.
We welcome you to become a member!
If you are interested in joining and would like more information:
Thank you for your interest and support!
All of the Ladies Guild’s events raise money benefiting programs for children experiencing homelessness.
Special Clothing Donations
The Ladies Guild collects clean, new or like-new clothes for the Career Closet at Father Joe’s Villages. The Career Closet is a place where residents can get something to wear that helps them feel confident during the job interview process. The following are clothes that would be appropriate for this group of residents:
Men: All sizes of white, collared shirts, dark pants, dark shoes, belts, new socks, new underwear
Women: All sizes of white blouses or tops, dark slacks or skirts, dark shoes, new underwear
Please contact Susan Croll, 619-435-5736, if you would like to donate clothing for this worthy cause.
Held on the second Monday of each month at various locations. Call Volunteer Services at (619) 233-8500, ext 1101, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Upcoming meetings will take place as follows:
- January 8, 2024 – at Father Joe’s Villages Home Office, 3350 E Street, San Diego, CA 92102
- February 12, 2024 – Annual Fundraiser, St. Gregory the Great Catholic Church, 11451 Blue Cypress Drive, San Diego, CA 92131
- March 11, 2024 – Morning of Reflection, Our Mother of Confidence Catholic Church, 3131 Governor Drive, San Diego, CA 92122
- February: Fundraiser/Silent Auction & Luncheon
- March: Morning of Reflection
- May: Installation
- June: Potluck
- September: Membership Meeting
- October: Autumn Craft/Bake Sale
- December: Christmas Shopping for Children at Father Joe’s Villages
- ANNUAL FUNDRAISER: Join us for a day of fun on Monday, February 12, 2024! Check back soon for more details.